pre-engineered ground racks [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Sep 9 10:30:41 PDT 2004

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/OmahaSteaks

At 10:11 AM 9/9/2004, Graham Owen wrote:
>standoffs.  That said; lets compare the flashable standoffs; Pro Solar's
>"Fast-Jacks" will fit both an Oatey rubber boot flashing as well as
>standard all metal flashings.  The new Uni-Rac aluminum standoffs fits
>well under an Oatey flashing but will not allow a metal flashing to be

Graham:

I used the Fast Jacks on one installation and I was very concerned at the
structural integrity of a stand-off mounted with only one lag.  The jacks
were very wobbly.  This might be because we put more stress on the
stand-offs because we use Direct Power tilt-up racks (we don't use quick
connects).  When tilting up the racks, there is more strain on the lower
stand-offs.  Occasionally we will put a temporary N-S strut between
stand-offs to prevent lag pull out.

We use the Direct Power "Power Posts."  These are very solid and mount with
two lags.  It took some research to find roof jacks we like, but the Oatey
11830 and 11831 work great on the Power Posts.

We have about 50 Fast Jacks we won't use, and we could make you a deal on
them...

William Miller

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ChildrenInternational

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com