Grid-Tie Inverters with Batteries [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Sep 8 06:00:57 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caacBBFbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ChildrenInternational

I would NOT consider ANY SW product to be a UPS. The transfer time is way too
slow to be considered for this use. My home system was set up using this gear
(until 3 months ago) and my computer always rebooted because of the slow switch
over. I am sure the term "UPS" has some parameters regarding speed of switching,
and I am also sure there is no way the 10+ old SW technology would not meet
those criteria.

Todd

Joel Davidson wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> Solar Integrated Technologies (SIT) has its computers' server on an SW4048
> inverter PV UPS. There was a power outage and the computer server worked
> fine. However, the phone system was not on the PV UPS and had to be
> re-booted. Now the phone system is on the PV UPS too.
>
> The Davis, California Food Co-op put a SIT 30 kW batteryless solar roof on
> their building. The existing 5 kW rack-mounted array powering the SW4048 PV
> UPS is still in place.
>
> Battery versus batteryless is not an either/or proposition. A lot of
> businesses are going solar with batteryless PV systems. It makes sense to
> have a PV UPS too.
>
> Do any other PV businesses have both battery and batteryless PV for
> operations in addition to show-and-tell?
>
> Best regards,
> Joel Davidson

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacBBBbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches