phone buzz and DR to FX [RE-wrenches]

Gary Higbee gary at windstreamsolar.com
Wed Sep 1 12:10:09 PDT 2004

Save on inkjet and toner, and get free shipping on orders over $50.
http://click.topica.com/caacBBybz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Inksoutlet

Geoff and Wrenches,

I had a similar probem (buzz on the phone line) with a home that used a
DR2424. It was downright painful to use the phone. I was set to work with
carefully rerouting the phone line, using heavy shielding, grounding
robustly, etc., but we also wanted to trade things out for an FX. I
suggested we do that first. Changeout and NO buzz. Delighted clients, who
could enjoy a conversation for the first time in years.

I'm not suggesting that the buzz could not be eliminated on the DR, since
you haven't experienced it on your own system. In this case, though a
horrible buzz just plain went away, saving a lot of time reworking the phone
system. I'd suggest changing out to the FX and then evaluating the phone
issue.

Take care,

Gary Higbee