Need Xantrex help [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Fri Jul 30 10:28:26 PDT 2004

Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories,
ordinary people. Share your memories today!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/AARP

Bill Brooks wrote:
>> Isn't that enclosure your wanting simply a Square-D box. I think it is
>> all standard stuff that you can get at a supply house that carries
>> Square-D equipment.

The dual Square D boxes where replaced with a single custom enclosure
which use the SquareD QOU (din rail mount) type breakers a few years
ago.  Its actually the same enclosure as the T240 uses with a different
cover if I remember correctly - but the T240 version holds less breakers
since half of it is filled with a transformer.  The original version was
a three phase QO type box with lots of odd wiring in it.

Using two seperate inverter bypasses (one for each inverter - i.e. each
leg of AC power) is a bad idea in my opinion - and may not be NEC
compliant either - it is possible to overload the neutral conductor on
three wire type branch circuits when one inverter is bypassed but not
the other. It also can result in some very odd operation of series
stacked inverters with some brands of inverters...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgIbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Sharebuilder

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com