trackers (was Re: Solar near Airports [RE-wrenches])

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Jul 19 06:07:03 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

I believe Array Technology's watt-sun trackers have finally solved the "achilles
heal" of their products, namely the "eyes" on the controller. The problem is
that the eyes would age at different rates which would eventually leave them so
out of calibration with each other the tracker would either track inaccurately,
or stop working altogether. They now have retrofit (infrared?) sensor heads
available for older units that appear to have solved this problem, making this
product worth serious consideration for pole mounted systems.

Todd

William Miller wrote:

> Ray:
>
> My experience with Watt-sun trackers is that they work great, when they
> work.  I've sent each controller I've installed back more than once for
> repair.  I suggest you find out independently (not from someone on the list
> wanting to promote them) if they are any more reliable these days than they
> used to be.
>
> Also, if the tracking is not completely accurate, you could be reflecting
> towards the shadow, not right at it, exacerbating the problem, right?
>
> William Miller
>
> At 10:51 AM 7/16/2004, you wrote:
>
> >Hi All;
> >
> >Thanks for the great responses. I am now considering Watt-sun trackers,
> >since the direct reflection would be straight into the shadow of the
> >aircraft as Randy  noted.

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com