144vdc charging [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 07:45:00 PDT 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

HI Nick
I think the three MX60 would work.  If there is some
overcharging to equalize the batteries should be fine.
 A trimetric shunt and meter on each battery negative
will help them know the status of esch 48 volt string.

I have at present several arrays, and MX60s not in use
do to an inspector related delay.  I may try to
connect as above just to varify.  Would this help your
confidence?

Also it would seem that the customer would want some
120 volt AC.  This may be more of a problem.  I have
heard that 'excel tec'? makes inverters of Odd
voltages.  Be careful of using one string to give AC
and not loading the other strings.

I know that three outback connected to seperate
batteries and providing AC to a common source works,
BUT YOUR BATTERIES ARE NOT SEPERATE.  I guess we
should ask OutBack.

Good luck
Daryl

--- Nick Lucchese <nickl at sierrasolar.com> wrote:
> Greetings Fellow Wrenches,
>   Curious to see if anyone might have any
> suggestions for charging a
> 144vdc battery bank with PV. I've thought of
> possible breaking the
> battery bank into 3 banks @ 48 volts but was not
> sure how well that
> would work or possible problems I'm not thinking of.
snip
 Bob at
> Outback says I may be able to put 3 MX-60's in
> series but I'd rather not be a guinea pig

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com