NEC 2005 Ungrounded PV systems - opinion survey [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu May 6 18:29:37 PDT 2004

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Children's Int'l

I prefer TC cable and pull off the MC connectors that come with Shell
modules now. No deal killer for me. I would hope that BP would then re
offer 24 volt modules with J boxes. My labor to install with TC cable is
actually less than with MC connectors since I spend extra time trying to
conceal the bundles of wire with split conduit, etc. My installs are
generally pole mount by the way.

Ray

>My survey questions are:
>
>- Is the requirement for conduit or tray cable instead of pigtails and
>Multi-Contact style connectors a deal killer for ungrounded arrays ?
>- What do you estimate the additonal labor costs ($/kWac) are for using
>conduit  / tray cable versus pigtails and connectors ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>John Berdner

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com