PV system affect on home re-sale [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu May 6 15:42:36 PDT 2004

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
http://click.topica.com/caaccM5bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ GoDaddy

A home near me (N. CA) was recently put on the market with a legal SW4024 grid
tie system with 1 kW of PV. The real estate agent said it was a liability and
people he showed it to were afraid and wanted it removed before they would
consider an offer on the property and home. It was removed and the home recently
sold. This, mind you, is in an area where regular storm related winter power
outages can be expected. Somehow brown gasoline/propane generators are ok, but
green PV backups are not???

(Big sigh!)

Todd

Mo Rousso wrote:

> John,
>
> I forget who provided me the link, but if you look through the archives of
> this list and the Marketing list, you should be able to find a reference.
> The link was to the National Association of Home Appraisers.  It basically
> said for every 1$ of annual energy savings, increase the value of the home
> by $15 to $25.  So, I have been using a 1:20 ratio as an average.  Thus, if
> a person was saving $1000 per year on electricity, their home value should
> go up by $20,000.
>
> I recently put it to the test when I refinanced my home and was successful
> in increasing the appraised value accordingly.
>
> Mo
> --
> Mo Rousso
> President
> HelioPower, Inc
> 760.451.9374
> www.heliopower.com

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ ExpertCity

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm