Outback Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Larry Elliott larry at h2nation.com
Wed Apr 14 15:18:58 PDT 2004

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Val Rad

Did you change out the boards , or are you running on the original #00004

stuff?

Original boards. Too early to tell on the search. I'll be running allot more
tests this weekend.

On most of my systems I cannot imagine search being used at all.

Mine wouldn't search below 3/10s of an amp AC, so I couldn't

really use it. (It took 4 compact fluorescent together to bring it out of

search) My other gripe with the FX is you have to get all those other

adapters to do it right, while the SW+ butts right up to a PSDC and the AC

side is the nicest of any inverter I have ever wired.

Your experience with the MX60 is similar to mine; they really max the array

output. Twice now I have actually seen over the PV nameplate rating wattage

being put into the batteries. That's with underrated Shell SP140s though.

I have several big (30+ kw) grid tie with backup systems on the horizon that
will be using fuel cells.

I simply could not imagine a practical system this size with an SW or
anything else on the market so the hub or adapters as you call them I can
live with.Just the nightime losses alone on the SW make them unaccptable for
me. Plus the noise of 8 or more SW's would drive you out of the building.

I'm off to study for the NABCEP, have you taken it yet?

No. Not yet.

Ray

.

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future – degrees, financial aid and more!
http://click.topica.com/caab8Lbbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ College Info

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com