Outback Inverters [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Apr 12 13:29:15 PDT 2004

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Hi All;

I really want to help Outback succeed, & I love the PSDC and the MX60 so
far.., but my experience with the FX inverters has been less than stellar.
We're looking at 8 months of downtime of 16 months of service.  Some of it
is our fault, I took serial # 00037 when I knew I should have waited. With
this last failure, we could have been back up months ago, but the customer
wants the new grid intertie capability. Every month I hear it will be ready
next week. I do understand working the bugs out and I don't feel like
driving six hours to reinstall the equipment until I can be assured it will
last. When is a realistic ship date for the grid tie versions? Any wrenches
out there have one of these babies?
As with many of us in the industry, Outback is working hard to support
their product, but may sometimes be a little over optimistic.
I'm a flaming optimist myself....but for now I'm using the SW+ series for
my offgrid projects.

Ray

     ... doing just what it's supposed to do, without
>having to make lots of trips and lose lots of $$$ in the process.
>
>I'm not complaining about Outback here; this kind of problem is not
>limited to them in any way, but wouldn't it be cool if there were
>nothing to complain about?
>
>Matt T
>
>---

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6Pibz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Val Rad
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm