Cooling 8 Sunny Boys [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 11:08:53 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caab6aBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ UOP

Hi Matt and Graham,

Nice to hear from you but I'm looking for individual fans for the
sunny boys -not an attic fan for the power shed (although I happen to
have one of those too)  and I'm looking for a reliable thermostat
control off of just one heat sink.

I'm looking to improve on spending $700 on 8 sunny breezes -
especially since I have 4 of the needed 8 fans already and to come up
with a more reliable system to boot.  The issue is keeping fan run
time down to only when it's needed and having high reliability in the
power source.  So I do like the PV approach but would then need a
reliable heat sink mountable 12 VDC thermostat with make-on-rise in
the 90-140 degree range.

Any experience with the likes of this out there?

:)  jc

>Jeff C asked about cooling fans for a power shed that will have 8 Sunny Boys
>in it.
>
>This sounds like a good application for a self contained solar powered fan.
>In looking for such options to keep my daughter's guinea pig cool last year,
>I found that there are more than just a couple out there.  The broadest
>selection I found was at:
>http://www.cetsolar.com/solarfankits.htm
>
>The cavie has died of old age since, so I didn't end up getting one then.
>My kid has adopted another and Summer is coming, so I guess I better get one
>soon!
>
>Pray for cool Sunny Boys and Guinea Pigs!
>
>Matt Lafferty
>Universal Energies Institute
>mlafferty at universalenergies.com
>(916) 422-9772
>(916) 628-7694 Cell
>(916) 914-2247 Fax
>www.universalenergies.com

>Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
>Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
>creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
>http://click.topica.com/caab7pJbz8Qcsa9hBZif/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
http://www.villagepower.com
jeffc at villagepower.com
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office:  (413) 256-6777,  Cell: (720)480-8455
Fax:  (413) 825-0372
61 Baker Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072;
PO Box 115
Boonville, CA  95415
(877) 765-2784

Council Member - Ecovillage Network of the Americas - http://www.ecovillage.org
Advisory Board - Living Routes - Ecovillage Education -
http://www.livingroutes.org
Founder:  Ecovillage Research, Development, and Demonstration Program:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clrwater/RDD/rdd.html

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU’s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime – anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caab6anbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ AIU

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com