Inverter Shoot-Out continues [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Mon Mar 29 07:54:09 PST 2004

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab5n1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Ivo Interactive

I guess I'll chime in.  In my view the issue is overall system
performance, and being able to certify systems which are reasonably
likely to produce the estimated amount of energy.  To me this means more
than a few real-world test labs given the climatic differences of North
America.  Of course the final arbiter of what a system does is energy
produced, yes I did say it.  I also agree that +/- 10% is way too loose
for PV manufacturers to rate at.

Already a trend is beginning for funding agencies to require accurate
production information (CEC accepted meters built into inverters are now
a 'feature' on some).  It is time for module manufacturers to tighten
their scales.

Regards,

Ezra

DragonSun Consulting