Ads on the list [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Fri Mar 26 11:03:59 PST 2004

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab4CEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

=     ==     ==     ==     ==     =
Topica bounces like rubber, shatters like ceramic.
See www.They'reScrewed.bs
=     ==     ==     ==     ==     =

Thanks to everyone for their feedback (even to those of you who replied on list instead of off). I also want to thank the corporate managers at Topica, for helping us to make a decision that some of us have been thinking about for a long time.

I have filed the divorce papers, and Topica is due to be served soon.

In the meantime, we are jumping into a brand new relationship. We have been offered a free setup on an email and list server, thanks to Kurt Albershardt.

I don't want to spill too many beans yet, but you Wrenches will have your own domain for the list. Also, if any of you need or want email addresses within our domain, we can do that.

1) None of you said they liked or wanted to stay at Topica.
2) Topica has for-pay service available, but the one I know of is for one-way mailings, not discussions. Further, there is no way I want to monetarily reward Topica for this really bad move.
3) Some thought Yahoo Groups would be better. I agree, but only marginally so. I don't much like their policies either, and we would once again be subject to their whims.
4) Some of you suggested we switch from an email list style to a web-based forum. While attractive, I think it is much more convenient to deal with it via email. Plus, email is more friendly to off-gridders with slow internet connections.
5) Our new host, Kurt Albershardt, is going to be great to work with, and we will have lots of flexibility with our new setup. I've been reading and learning about the server software he is using, and it seems quite reliable and easy to use.
6) We will keep our Topica listserver so that we can continue to have the archives of past messages; at least until such time that we decide to move forward on archiving to CDRom.
7) At changeover, I will put the Wrench Topica list on "moderation" so I will get notified if any of you accidentally post to our old list. That way I can send you a note saying to post to the new list.
8) I will try to talk Bill into moving over the RE-Markets list, and I will also fix up an RE-Bitching list, and maybe more. I know that folks had expressed an interest in a separate solar thermal list.
9) Our new domain name will NOT be solar-bozo.org
10) I thought I had ten points to make.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
			Martin Luther King, Jr.

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com
     Home Power magazine
     www.homepower.com
     To reach me: 707-822-7884
     To reach Home Power: 800-707-6585

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Ivo Interactive

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm