Qustion for someone experienced with Grundfos SQ-FLEX [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 17:01:11 PST 2004

Steve,

I agree with Christopher that a small sealed battery pack would
eliminate many potential system gremlins. A little ballast to even out
any voltage variations, fluctuations, or surges is going to make the
system more reliable in the long run. I think you could make the battery
quite small, say 30 to 50AH @ 48 volt, and then use a diversion
controller to switch the pump off if voltage drops too low due to some
hydro or water supply problem. Just replace the battery pack at 3-4 year
intervals.
  I agree with your pump choice. You can't beat the Grundfos SQ Flex for
efficiency, reliability, and life expectancy. I've sold a lot of them
the past couple years with only pleased reports back. I worry about
lightning, with all those electronics down the hole, but the Flex is a
spinoff of the SQ line that Grundfos has been installing for years, so
I've got some faith in their experience.
Cheers,
Doug Pratt