SW firmware upgrade flourescent flicker [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Mon Feb 23 21:49:41 PST 2004

<x-flowed>
I had the very same problem with one of my systems. Dual SW5548s, Onan
20KW LP auto start genset, charging a Surrette 2700 AH/ 48 volt bank.
The lights would flicker during the intial 15 minutes of each charge
cycle. And then sometimes at several points during the charge cycle.
Drove me and the owner kind of crazy.

What I found out was that by setting one SW max charge amps AC to 5 amps
less than the other that we eliminated the problem. Of course now that
we've replaced that system with a really sweet Outback system with 6-VFX
3648 inverters with ALL the options, we no longer have that flicker!

My opinion is that it was definitely harmonics.

Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Rt 46
Arkport, NY 14807