little help needed with a SB1800 [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Feb 9 15:06:57 PST 2004

Brian,
Assuming 4.4A Imp at 17.0 Vmp, your array should be producing 8.8A at 204
VDC. Are you getting that?

Also, the minimum operational voltage for the SB1800 is 156VDC. Are you
exceeding that during hot weather? My guess is that you are, as it's hard to
drop below 13.0 Vmp on a 12V module. But a single wiring mistake could drop
you below that threshold during certain conditions, such as hot weather.

BtW, anybody need a working GC1000? How about a dead one?

Allan @+E