ratcheting cyclometers [RE-wrenches]

mlafferty at universalenergies.com mlafferty at universalenergies.com
Thu Jan 15 18:24:39 PST 2004

Victor C said:

> I'm still saying night time batter charging should be deducted.

All:

On a single, 120 V inverter, Doug's description should work...
Subtracting nighttime battery charging from the cumulative kWH reading
on the meter.  Be sure your inverter neutral is common to ground and
that you connect that to the neutral/ground lug in the meter socket.

Specific 4-Jaw Wiring:

Inverter Output "Hot" Leg to Top Left Lug of Meter Socket.
Sub-Panel "Hot" Feeder Leg to Bottom Left of Meter Socket.
Main Panel Inverter Breaker "Hot" Leg to Bottom Right of Meter Socket.
Inverter AC In "Hot" Leg to Top Right of Meter Socket.

Like Doug, I have not tried this personally but believe it will work to
a suitable degree of accuracy.

Hope this helps!

By the way, I ABSOLUTELY agree with Victor!  You can't "have your cake
and eat it too"!

But da**ed be the man that tries to tell me I can't "have my beer and
drink it too"t!  LOL

Matt Lafferty
Universal Energies Institute
mlafferty at universalenergies.com