inverter overload (was transformer inrush) [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sat Jan 10 20:39:09 PST 2004

Windy wrote:

As long as you use all four terminals on the pressure switch, the
contacts are all in series -- whether it switches both sides of the
power (2 hots), or one side, with a series-link between both the sets
of contacts.

Hey Windy,

Not sure I am following you here, maybe you are stating it from a code
perspective.  It may not meet code, but I believe I am paralleling the
two sets of contacts and I use two jumpers.  Aren't the contacts on this
switch just like a 2pst relay, or for that matter any 2pst switch.  Some
(Allan) might argue that they don't make and break at exactly the same
moment, and that could be more to the issue.  I'll consider a relay deal
in the future, but at this moment I'm not feeling a need to replace a
bunch of pressure switches.

Kurt Nelson