Incentives Program Monitoring Question [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Nov 10 09:45:37 PST 2004

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacOlIbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/MyDietPatches

Wrenches,
The task force that is developing an incentive program for RE is moving
along. Performance-based incentives (PBI), or a hybrid mix of PBI and Direct
Upfront Incentives, are being evaluated in a very positive light, thanks in
part to the contributions of some of you to my earlier requests for
assistance. We meet again next week. In preparation for this next meeting, I
have a couple of key questions that I need help with.

How can performance be monitored for battery-based grid-tied systems?
How can performance be monitored for off-grid systems?

Both types of systems, as well as batteryless grid-tied systems, are
expected to be included in the structure of the incentive package. It will
probably be the utilities who will fund the incentive (although this has yet
to be worked out) in return for allowing them to claim the Renewable Energy
Credits of participating customer-owned RE systems toward the state-mandated
Renewable Portfolio Standard. As such, any monitoring equipment and methods
should be as familiar to existing utility structures as possible.

As always, thank you in advance for any assistance.
Allan at Positive Energy

Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
http://click.topica.com/caacOlPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/LeadClick

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com