Breaker-breaker [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Sat Nov 6 11:03:15 PST 2004

Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
http://click.topica.com/caacOlybz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PermissionData

Fellow Watt heads,

I have a client in the wilds of Costa Rica who called this morning with a breaker problem. She has a 25 year old 15 kW hydro system (AC), a 10 year old DR and some kind of 8 kW Diesel genset that eventually feed a breaker panel, which is well protected from the massively corrosive environment inside a concrete bodega with a heated wooden inner storage room. They system works flawlessly, except for the building panel.

There is no evidence of rust or any other corrosion in this room but the main breaker, which I'm told is a Cutler Hammer E55-96 two pole 230 unit, only works after "moving it around with a screwdriver". Ahem.

The wires appear to be in good shape feeding this breaker and the breaker itself seems solidly fixed with no signs of cracks or chips.

The problem is that (if they are giving me the right numbers off the device) I can't seem to find any corresponding model numbers or anything even close. I'm told that the only other number on this unit is the spec. number LK 3227.

Any ideas???? I have to head down there pretty soon to perform some exploratory surgery on a number of systems in the area, so I need to locate a part or source of parts ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Matt T

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacOlIbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/MyDietPatches

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com