Updated Solar Tankless WAS: Tankless hot water without pilot [RE-wrenches]

David Henry david at harmonyfarm.com
Thu Oct 28 07:13:01 PDT 2004

Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
http://click.topica.com/caacKOVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/LeadClick

Thanks one and all for your informative responses.

Here are my current thoughts on this project. As background it's
important to know this is a cabin that is used 1/2 time and has not
had any modern amenities until now. They now have an Outback and will
be adding a Dankoff booster and the aforementioned SDHW with tankless
hot water heater.

100-120 watts/day is more than I want to waste so I think we'll put a
light switch or timer switch on the power to the tankless heater so
they can turn it on only when they need hot water.

Since I am familiar with and use the Takagi line we'll use a TK Jr.
The fact that we can install it outdoors is a plus since there is no
appropriate indoor space for it.

I will look into freezing issues with no power. This a ridge top in
Nor Cal ~ 3 miles from the ocean so I think we're OK.

What have peoples experiences been with the Aquastar hydro ignition?
Is it reliable?

Keep on the Sunny side,
David Henry
Harmony Farm Supply
3244 Hwy 116 N.
Sebastopol, Ca 95472
voice 707-823-9125 X14
fax 707-823-1734
david at harmonyfarm.com
www.harmonyfarm.com

>Scott Crawford said:
>>   I think Tom means Takagi. See Takagi-usa.com The Takagi JR  (on LP puts
>out 17k-140kbtuh) does
>>modulate for Solar thermal pre-heat but does not zero modulate like the
>Aquastar 125BS. Takagi has
>>a forced vent and more efficient than atmospheric 125BS.  Less cost and
>quieter than Rinnai.  Needs
>>120Vac for ignition but i believe standby is about 5W. We are finishing up
>one this week, i can
>>measure standby for you. This is a big hole in the instantaneous market!
>We implore the
>>Aquastar/CEC folks regularly to put their cool hydro ignition in the
>125BS(Solar model). They
>>always say demand is low for BS Model so..... Go figure.  Feel free to
>call them about it.
>
>  >Scott  Solar Assist  Eugene., OR
>
>  > tagagi  gator tom

Free recipes to get you in shape