BIPV questions [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Aug 17 18:09:07 PDT 2004

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvgubz8Qcsbz9JC9a/411Web

Fellow Wrenches,
We recently received an initial inquiry from a general contractor who has a
client planning a very upscale residence who wants to incorporate PV cells
laminated onto a glass roof substrate over an atrium/entryway. The total
roof will be about 1800 sq. feet, and is to be grid-intertied.

We haven't done this before, and we are gathering early info to get our foot
in the door and provide some workable initial options. Our initial research
directed us to Atlantis Energy Systems as the PV/roof manufacturer, and we
were referred to Tibor Fischl and BASS Renewable Energy Resources of San
Francisco as an installer, either turnkey or of the roof/BIPV. We have no
problem working with an outside supplier/installer of the roofing who will
provide warranty on the roof as well as the BIPV. Seems like they have no
trouble with our providing BOS and local support.

So, these questions, please:
--General advice and guidance, links and resources, etc. on a project of
this type;
--Feedback and advice, references and experiences about these two companies
(on-list or off-list to allan at positiveenergysolar.com; use your discretion);
--Other companies that excel in this specialty;
--Other approaches that we should consider.

Thanks in advance for good advice as usual,
Allan at Positive Energy

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/OmahaSteaks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm