Sanyo panels [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Jun 28 16:10:37 PDT 2004

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes – over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/UOP

Ken and Kirk,

Just so we're clear, power output numbers from an inverter are meaningless
unless there is a corresponding irradiance and module temperature (or
ambient temperature with mounting information).

I would like to challenge our list to only list performance information when
the corresponding irradiance or irradiation information is available as a
minimum. Comparisons are okay as long as all the variables are the same
(tilt, mounting, array size specified).

I have read 1250W/m^2 for a 15 minute period at a site. That means the
system should be putting out nearly 125% of what I would see at peak sun.
2167Watts sounds great, but it may be not so good if the irradiance is
enhanced. If you don't own a little hand-held irradiance meter like the
Daystar meter, it is a must-own item for every installer. Without something
to compare irradiance, you are shooting in the dark (sorry for the pun).

Bill.