PV Powered inverter queries [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Jun 22 16:41:54 PDT 2004

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ExpertCity

I was checking out a fellow Wrench's installation of one of them thar new
fangled 2.8 kW PV Powered inverters from our friends in Oregon.  This
particular installation had two series strings of Sharp 175s, nine in a
series.  From quickly perusing the sparse installation manual, I couldn't
tell whether each series string needed its own overcurrent protection or
whether it's OK to parallel the two series strings and come down to the DC
disco with one set of + and - conductors.  Anyone know whether this inverter
has any potential to backfeed from the AC side to the DC side?  And can one
pull a Sunny Boy with this inverter in terms of not necessarily needing each
series string to be overcurrent-protected when there are only two series
strings?

aloha,
marco

Marco Mangelsdorf
President
ProVision Technologies, Inc.
69 Railroad Avenue, A-7
Hilo, Hawai'i 96720
(808) 969-3281, 934-7462 facsimile
www.provisiontechnologies.com

Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple 60-second
application for mortgage information. Rates are the lowest
they’ve been in 40 years!
http://click.topica.com/caacneLbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/411Web

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm