Neon lights [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sun Mar 14 19:49:47 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I noticed my local Best Buy was closing out on some 12VDC neon lights
designed for use as highlighters and decorative lights in automobiles.
I bought a white, 7 inch neon tube (they also have 15" as well as red &
blue) and it is very low current draw (150mA).  Nice cabin nite-light.
Anyone know what kind of longevity one could get out of a neon light?
Is it similar to a fluorescent in life expectancy?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -