SW Plus vs. OutBack FX [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Feb 9 15:49:19 PST 2004

> Just my $.02. Anyone else chime in here?
> Allan at Positive Energy

Allan - Thanks for the positive feedback on the OutBack FX versus
SW-Plus.  There are two issues I would like to clarify:

The comparison would have been more "apples-to-apples" if an OutBack VFX
(vented) was used instead of our FX (sealed) model.  Comparing a 2000
watt inverter to a 2500 watts is always hard to do... but then our 24
vdc VFX model is 3500 watts so that's not the same either.

The charger performance on the FX units is limited by the temperature it
reaches while charging.  We now are including the previously optional
TURBO cooling "DCC" cover as a standard part of the new grid-tie enable
versions of the FX models - the GTFX2524 and GTFX3048. This will improve
the performance while battery charging at high altitudes or high ambient
temperatures.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com