RE; voltage clamp [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 22:52:06 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
Daryl,

>it is a field type 3 phase AC, the field controller is
>lost, It is set to operate off a resistor from the
>armature to the field.
>
>The frequency output is from 10 to 40 Hz.
>
>I was planning on using a full wave rectifier and
>putting each leg into a DC to DC converter, ie the
>MX60.  From there to a battery set and three GVFX3648
>inverters.

My instinct is that the Mx60 would prefer a smoother DC as produced
by all three phases and would not like the single phase output from
one leg, but I could be wrong.  I would use a three phase rectifier
arrangement.  But maybe this would mean you have to parallel the
MX60s, and maybe that is not such a good idea?

>The field control seems hard to do.

It would seem like an elegant solution if it can be done fast enough.

On the original subject, you can get a suitable voltage clamping PWM
controller from stroomwerk in holland. "dirk.elzinga / Stroomwerk"
<dirk.elzinga at stroomwerk.nl>

I am not sure how it would like the 48 volt battery in the dump circuit though.
--
Hugh

http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

- - - -