Trace PS2512 drop out problems [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Dec 16 16:44:49 PST 2003

My home is on a 4024, wired as a whole house UPS system. The computer used
to get bridge the gap when a grid outage occurred before the SW picked up
the loads. Now it always reboots (sigh). I suspect this is age related since
the thing has been buzzing away for about 9 years now. It is hard to imagine
why a newer unit would behave that way. Ideally it would pick up the loads
fast enough to not disturb sensitive equipment like computers.

Christopher, let us know if the FX series transfer faster when grid tied.
This would be another big advantage of using them over SW's.

Todd

"Richard Perez, Home Power magazine" wrote:

> Hello Wrenches
>
> Quoted below is a problem that an Home Power reader is having with
> his Trace PS2512. I am at a loss as to how to help him. Perhaps one
> of you Wrenches have solved this problem.
>
> Richard
> Home Power

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com