Trace PS2512 drop out problems [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Tue Dec 16 14:55:50 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
--On Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:42 PM -0800 "Richard Perez, Home Power magazine" <richard.perez at homepower.com> wrote:

> we have had several instances in which the office
> fluorescent lights barely flicker, the inverter kicks in and 10 out
> of 12 computers in the programming office instantly go dead. The two
> computers that seem to ride through (both Macs) are always the same
> two. Other nearly identical Macs on the same circuit leg as well as
> all PC's always go down.

Has anyone put a recording power quality monitor on the circuit to see what's really happening there?

One possibility is an interruption lasting slightly more than the individual computer's PSU can tolerate.  If this is the case, one possible solution is a power conditioner (heavy iron and copper type) which will add some inertia to the line and slow the dV/dT curve.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com