Utility raids CEC rebate funds for 5 MW solar project [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Mon Dec 8 12:31:29 PST 2003

> BP Solar, Evergreen Solar, Kyocera, PowerLight, RWE Schott, Sanyo, Sharp
> and Shell formed the PV Now committee under national SEIA and are on record
> against SCE proposal to spend scarce Public Goods Charge funds. This is
> contrary to SCE's assertion that their proposal "would encourage the
> development of this emergying technology." You have to wonder what's going
> on when PV module manufacturers collectively don't like SCE's 5 MW deal.

Joel,

It¹s easy to see, IMO.  They didn¹t get to bid to provide the panels.  The
panels are being provided by Global Solar, a company also owned by the PPA.
A very incestuous procurement indeed.

I can¹t believe that there is no criminal statute being violated here.  At
the very least, I see a class action lawsuit if the CEC approves this
misappropriation of public funds.

Mo
--
Mo Rousso