SW timer question. [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Nov 24 09:44:53 PST 2003

Hi Todd,

The SW Plus units do have the same waveform as on the SW, which is a
very close approximation of a true sinewave. The Plus has a much
improved level of RF filtering though, greatly reducing high frequency
noise content, so should help with some loads that may have been
sensitive to this in the past. The voltage THD is down around 2.5% over
most of the load range, rising to about 3% for very light (50VA) loads,
about as good as most true sinewave inverters.

Todd Cory wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> Will the new SW-Plus have an improved wave form, or is it the same as
> the old SW
> series? I have found some loads do not care for the SW's crude
> approximation of
> a sine wave.
>
> Todd Cory
>

> Roy Dyngen wrote:
>
> > Hi Jay,
> >
> > With the Series Two units, you cannot start the generator based on time
> > of
> > day other than for 15 minutes on gen excersize.  It will only start
> > based on
> > battery voltage or load amps.  The new SW-Plus will be able to start the
> > generator based on time of day.
> >
> > Roy Dyngen,
> > Xantrex Technology Inc.

Mark Edmunds