Best inverter for water pumping [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 04:38:05 PST 2003

HI Dan
I have just installed a Outback Quad Stack and tested
the system with a Three stack arrangement.  I had to
start a 7 hp AC pump, That drew 130 amps startting
surge on the line and 30 amps running on 240 volt AC.
The system has started the load over twenty times and
works fine.

I also tested a single Outback on a 8.9 amp running
120 volt smaller pump that worked just fine.  These
were from a 48 volt battery set.

(Make sure your battery pack can handle the surge.)
Darryl

--- "Dan Whigham, SC Solar" <DWhigham at scsolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm