Fw: Another "NO-GO" Load for the Trace Sinewave [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Oct 21 21:57:14 PDT 2003

One finicky load for me has been my high tech, temperature controlled,
soldering iron. I could never get it to work on a SW, so I had to carry my
old "wood burning" tool from back in high school. The Outback FX inverters
power it up, no problem. I suspect your stapler will behave in a similar
fashion on an FX.

Todd

Allan Sindelar wrote:

> This posted for John Wiles:
>
> > Bought an Arrow ETF50 electric stapler and brad nailer for some
> > screen and chair upholstery work.  Supposedly draws 10 amps.  I noted
> > poor performance in that the driving forces were not very high and
> > did not give very good penetration at home on my off-grid RE system
> > with the Trace SW4024.
> >
> > Took the stapler in to work and it performed well on the grid with
> > both staples and brads.
> >
> > Wonder if the Outback or Beacon M5+ will be better?  We seem to need
> > in-cycle voltage regulation and surge sensing.
> >
> > Any experience with other inverters?

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm