Remote PV Data Part II [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at wwjv.net
Thu Oct 16 22:37:53 PDT 2003

"This same customer now says he also wants to remotely monitor his kWh
usage from the utility -- basically wants to electronically read his
PG&E TOU meter and import the data into his PC."

We have over 50 E-Mon electric Meters installed in Pennsylvania, New
Jersey, and New York at clients that we remotely read kWh and kW from
our Richmond Virginia office using a windows based PC by dial up
phone.  If we were at these locations we could read and input data
directly with local direct wire from meter to computer without phone
line.

They also make an 8 channel model that you can mix and match other
meters like water GPM, gas cu.ft., or other sub-meters.  Figure around
$800 with C.T.'s

Here is a link:

http://www.emon.com/html/econsingle_g.html

TO read utility meter directly, request local utility to install a
"pulse initiator" on their utility meter.  This is just a "dry" switch
contact that is calibrated to their meter with each closure "pulse"
equal to a given number of kWh's.  There is endless software like
LabView available that will count these pulses and convert to any data
format you want.  This may be very low cost depending on utility you
are dealing with.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com