Battery choice: one string or two? [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Oct 8 19:44:40 PDT 2003

Allan,

We all have our personal favorites, but given the chance, I would go
with a single string of single cell, steel clad IBE 85N-23 1150 AH
batteries. At slightly over 170 lbs per they actually ARE faily easily
handled by two guys and a good dolly - even in a basement. Having steel
cases definitely saves potential damage to the cells (but watch out for
your toes and good floors) The downside is the greater cost and greater
number of series connections. 5 year warranty is standard.

Matt T