low voltage pump [RE-wrenches]

Greg Egan gegan at renewalaska.com
Wed Oct 8 14:49:04 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Kurt,

You can get a dc/dc converter from solarconverters.com. You can get them
set at the factory to regulate at a certain voltage. The last one I
bought was a EQ 12/24-20 R13.5. I used it to output up to 20 amps from a
24 volt batt bank, at 13.5 vdc.

Best,

Greg

sunwise wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I have three systems going into new homes that are built with in-slab
> heating systems.  In systems I have done that have solar going into the
> slab I have used Hartel HEH10 pumps very successfully.  My question is
> how to pump fluid directly off a 24 VDC battery, with one pump per zone?
>

> Operating a Hartel pump at 12 VDC by tapping off half the battery and
> using a battery balancer tends to run the pump too slow (it likes
> something closer to 20 volts).
>
> Is there a 24 VDC circulating pump that is as efficient and long lived
> as the Hartel?
>
> Is there a battery balancer that would allow one to tap three of the
> four six volt batteries in these systems (18 volts)?
>
> Would there be a voltage regulator or DC/DC voltage converter that could
> provide 18 to 20 volts at somewhere around 1.5 amps per pump from the 24
> volt battery?
>
> Any thoughts greatly appreciated -- Kurt Nelson
>
> - - - -

> List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Alaska Renewable Energy
981 Gold Mine Trail Fairbanks, Alaska 99712
Phone: 907-457-4299; Fax: 907-457-4290; Email: gegan at renewalaska.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm