flooded v. sealed batteries [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Sat Sep 27 09:27:40 PDT 2003

Hi Joel,

I also prefer IBE, but also use Yuasa - both are excellent back
breakers! I use the 2 volt cells when no truck access is available, but
really like the combined 12 volt cases because of the far fewer
connections required in the field.

You're also right-on about L-16s being big golf cart batteries. I find
that most long-term off-gridders will eventually gravitate (ha ha) to
the right equipment after they've had enough problems with everything
else. There are those, however, who will stick with their troublesome
T-105's, J-250's and L-16's regardless of how often they have to be
replaced.
Too bad!

Matt T