Sunny Boy in the sun? [RE-wrenches]

max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Fri Sep 26 13:18:53 PDT 2003

Gary, I've put in a lot of  SMA 2500's here in the Cochella Valley (Palm
Springs, Ca.). I always install the inverters in an air conditioned
enviornment (some where in the house).
There are a couple of months where the outside ambient temp is above 110. In
my experience Anything above 85 degrees will start to fall off in efficiency
for any inverter. (I dont use anything but Sonny Boy, even on large
projects). If you put any inverter anywhere outside it should be
shaded...........and if it gets above 85 - use a fan to move air across the
cooling fins.......
.
Max
SEE Systems, Inc.