solar pre heat for pools [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Mon Sep 8 22:03:16 PDT 2003

<x-flowed>
Hi y'All,
Daryl is right poly pipe is nearly identical to PEX, the same applies.
The breakdown occurs faster at higher temperatures and chlorine
concentrations, check with your tubing supplier. Qest and Wirsbo both
have papers on the subject.  The Radiant Panel Association (RPA) has
guidelines on tubing circuit design. Flat Plate makes pool water heat
exchangers. These systems are used for snow and ice melt as well as pool
slab cooling / pool heating and of course warm floors.  Old solar farts
drifted off into hydronics and radiant heating/cooling when the solar
tax credits went away in the 70's which is where this information comes
from. I suppose solar electric farts will become electricians and
stationary engineeers when this round of rebates fades out. And of
course some of us will become inverter service technicians.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael_welch at sbcglobal.net