T-240 circuit problem [RE-wrenches]

EH Roy ehroy at solar-works.com
Tue Sep 2 09:28:24 PDT 2003

Dave,

I'd suggest replacing the switch. I think this is more likely the problem
than the transformer.

You have the system configured as I would (transformer between pressure
switch and well pump so that the transformer only draws juice when the pump
is running). The pressure switch instead of operating at 240 V is now
operating at 120 V. That means twice the current and the additional current
can wear out switches a little faster. Maybe you can replace with a beefier
switch.

Hope this helps.

E. H. Roy
Solar Works Inc.