tired of dealing with batteries? check out flywheel storage [RE-wrenches]

larry larry at h2nation.com
Sun Aug 24 11:56:27 PDT 2003

Solid state and alot cheaper,safer smaller and lighter weight than a
flywheel would be a set of ultracaps across the battery bank.

I have a bank at 48vdc nom that I am using in my fuel cell tests that are
rated to deliver over 600 amps for time spans. That's more  than adequate
enough to keep the voltage high enough enough to start a 7hp or more. I have
seen up to 2000 amps in low resistance (.1 ohm) loads for 1-2 seconds with
minor voltage sag and will short circuit (not recommended) up to 3000 amps.
Check out Maxwell Technology of San Diego.

Just another idea.

Larry Elliott