Thermomax ruggedness [RE-wrenches]

Jason Fisher jfisher at nahbrc.org
Mon Aug 18 06:23:02 PDT 2003

These tubes work so well in cloudy weather, you need to be careful when
using them on a PV direct pump. I've seen the fluid in a 30-tube header go
to steam due to stagnation on a PV direct system (El-sid on 20W panel) on
overcast days. We had a data logger on the system otherwise we wouldn't have
seen this. On clear days the pump keeps up just fine. Moral of the story,
ensure adequate flow under all conditions.

Jason Fisher