Nighttime losses: was Xantrex versus Sunny Boy [RE-wrenches]

Kent Sheldon kentsheldon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 5 09:50:05 PDT 2003

Bill, unfortunately, Xantrex being what they are, I cannot comment on the decision to keep the iso-xfmr out of the control loop. But it was not my decision. Kent

>>> Bill Brooks<billb at endecon.com> 8/1/2003 5:01:33 PM >>>
Jeff,

It is best to take the load off the transformer at night, but that does add
cost (a big contactor) and some controls. Since there are many building
electrical configurations, Trace Tech decided not to go that direction. Kent
could probably give a much better history of that decision.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com