wires allowed on cir. bkr. terminals [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 08:05:38 PDT 2003

Thanks to all for reply to my question about installing two wires on a
Sq.D. QO Cir Bkr.

Several questions were asked in your replies that I will answer below:

1. Was running out of space in cir. bkr. panel and knew these two very
small load circuits would never be expanded and did not need separate
cir. bkr. service switch control, so putting them on same device saved
another slot.

2.  Was end of job inspection and did not want to get in a "pissing"
match on an other-wise very good job, so just tied both wires together
with wire nut to a single wire which then attached to the cir. bkr.
Now looks very sloppy but made the inspector deliriously happy.

3.  We try very hard to do everything by the book, but as you know, an
inspector could shut down anybody if they really wanted to.  This was
one of those times when I thought it was easier to make the change
than fight, but just wanted to make sure what I had done was according
to code even if this inspector was out to lunch.

Jeff Yago (the other Jeff!)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm