Ground a metal roof? [RE-wrenches]

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Sun Jul 27 10:01:20 PDT 2003

> It has potential to be a huge shield, so why not? I'm sure people
> have thought about this before.

Windy
I've had the opportunity to work with some clients who have been
"enviromentally sensitive" and like canarys in a coal mine are negatively
impacted by low levels of exposure to various and presumably
"normal" amounts of chemical and electro-magnetic pollutantants.
They have done a lot of research looking for elusive causes (to their health
issues) often leading them to the Baubiologie Institute which originates in
Germany but also has a training program in Florida. The term 'baubiologie'
means the biology of buildings, I believe.  They and others  have done a lot
of work around finding the sources of stray voltage in inhabited spaces and
eliminating them.
Try  www.electricalpollution.com for example.
An inductive amp can work as a simple indicater of the presence of radiated
voltage. I've seen some interesting home brew sensors plugged into some high
end meters to pick up the presence of low level electro pollution as part of
a mitigation strategy. However I am far from an authority on the what to/how
to part of it. Balancing currents in parallel wires and grounding all metal
is basic to the art uh-er science.
Grounding the metal roof to the grounding electrode was a requirement for
one customer. It basicly is a big collector and I believe retransmitter of
stray energy in micro quantities. So grounding this "shield" is a benefit to
those concerned with excess energy in their living space. This is a complex
and sensitive subject in our material culture where profit and "prove it" go
hand in hand to avoid and minimize questions that might impact an
industries' cash cow, say electricity, inverters or cell phones for example.
Given that most if not all biological activity is pedicated on chemical and
micro electrical activity at the cellular level it is reasonable to consider
that the increase in electro-magnetic pollution has some, if unknown (ie
unagreed upon) impact on the long term function of hard to see cellular
processes with long term down stream results.
I wish I had more light than heat specific to your question.
Good luck.
Wallace Stahle
Future Electric Energy Co
P O Box 236