Ground a metal roof? [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Jul 25 06:47:42 PDT 2003

Are you putting panels on the roof? Are you mounting a service panel?

If  panels are going on the roof (not Unisolar) why not simply ground the
racks and frames in the usual manner? If it's just a service panel,
inverters, etc., why not mount that stuff on a non-metallic mounting board
and ground as usual?

Matt T