CEC Rebate Nipple Drying Up (was EPDM Roof Jacks/Flat Roof) [RE-wrenches]

joeldavidson at earthlink.net joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 12:09:46 PDT 2003

The burn-rate jumped from 300 to 500 rebate applications per month to 2,500
applications in June 2003 because of the scheduled $0.20/W decrease, but
there's still plenty of rebate money available for people who want to make
the world a better place.

There's still $83,000,000 of the original $118,125,000 allocated to the
Emerging Renewables Program for 2002 through 2006.
See http://www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/emerging_renewables/funding.html

The July issue of Photon International magazine has an interesting
editorial titled "The Japanese way is the right way." Here's a quote, "PV
is not only part of the country's strategy for reducing greenhouse gases;
Japan sees PV in a light other countries reserve for talk of biotechnology
- as high-tech products with a gigantic potential to create jobs at home,
and secure domestic companies sales overseas."