PV north facing in US [RE-wrenches]

marco mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Jul 22 14:15:18 PDT 2003

Don't forget that the earth is oscillating as it spins 23 degrees off of
vertical.  Facing an array north in the northern hemisphere is planning for
the future...way, way in the future, but then, what's wrong with that?

marco
proVision technologies, inc.

Why North facing? I will never speak ill of a client, they are so rare
in these parts, so my lips are sealed.

Best,
Bill Roush
Solar Electric Systems/KC, Inc.

Bill,
You can input north-facing azimuths in PVWATTS
http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/codes_algs/PVWATTS/version1/text_only.html
I've heard about north-facing arrays in Hawaii because the islands are
so
close to the equator and I saw a grid-connected 25 kW array in India
that is
manually tilted north and south depending on the season. But PV on a
north-facing roof in the U.S.? Why?
Best,
Joel Davidson

Bill Roush wrote:

> I am not finding the references I see periodically to de-rating for a
> north facing roof in the US. Any links for me?
>
> Best,
> Bill Roush

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com