energy "payback" of PV's [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Fri Jul 4 09:48:07 PDT 2003

Oh heck,

I'll add to the silliness. At least one PV module manufacturer uses
cheap hydro from the Columbia River to grow their cells and many
aluminium manufacturers use hydro as well for their power source.  Now
we are down to quibbling about the relative merits and demerits of
run-of-stream vs. stored water hydro generation.  I'd say the argument
gets largely pointless if manufacturers choose to locate in area where
large quantities of power are produced by semi-renewable resources.
(Semi because of fish and other habitat damage.)

Regards,

Ezra