MX60 Max Array Voltage? [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 16:55:45 PDT 2003

Daryl,

You might have a hard time finding modules and
inverters that are listed for over 600vdc operation.
Seems like this would easily void any equipment
warranties.

Article 690-7(c) also says no pv source circuits over
600vdc in one and two family dwellings, or pv source
circuits over 600v that do not include lampholders,
fixtures, or recepticles.

Hope this helps,

Jerry Caldwell

--- Daryl Thayer <daryl_solar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a similar problem with a SMA install where
> the
> open circuit voltage is above 600 just a little,
> maybe
> 700, and of course the peak power is well below 600.
>
> So I would like a PWM circuit that could limit this
> voltage to protect the SMA as I have heard of
> failures
> where the 600 volts is exceeded on open circuit.
>
> So does anyone know of a person that might design
> this
> circuit for me and how much would it cost?
>
> Daryl

http://sbc.yahoo.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com